I'm a new mom just trying to get back in the habit of studying my scriptures everyday again. This blog holds me accountable :)

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Joseph Smith's POV

These last 2 days I have been reading out of Alma 22 & 23. For some reason I have been thinking about Joseph Smith while reading them. I was thinking about how he must have felt while he was translating the scriptures...how amazing it must have been to be the first one to read them. There were a few parts in these scriptures that talked about the sufferings of the Sons of Mosiah as they were trying to preach the gospel to the Lamanites. I was thinking about how a lot of Joseph Smith's strength must have come from the Book of Mormon and reading these stories. Of course, as Latter-day Saints, we should also be using the Book of Mormon as a source of our strength to get through trials and tribulations.

No comments: