I'm a new mom just trying to get back in the habit of studying my scriptures everyday again. This blog holds me accountable :)

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Random Reading on Vacation

Well, I am back from our summer vacations and back to everyday life...I didn't do as well as I should have on my scripture study while I was away, but still got some study in here and there. Trey and I read about King Benjamin's address to his people. I like the part where it talks about the people opening their tent doors and facing them towards the temple. It reminded me of a (conference talk?) that used that as an analogy and talked something about how we need to be facing our families towards the temple, tent open. I can't remember the exact analogy... I also read out of some of the notes I have taken in my religion classes at BYU. There was one thing my professor mentioned that I really liked. He was talking about how people look at LD Saints and think that we aren't free to make our own decisions because of our commandments and standards. He said "Bad decisions limit our future decisions, but good decisions increase our future freedom." I really liked that.

No comments: