I'm a new mom just trying to get back in the habit of studying my scriptures everyday again. This blog holds me accountable :)

Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Divided People

These last 2 days I finished up chapter 14 and 15. For chapter 14, there was one other topic in the manual I thought was interesting. It talks about verses 1-5 and "a divided people." This is what Brigham Young said about this:

"The Gospel of salvation in perfectly calculated to cause division. It strikes at the root of the very existence of mankind in their wickedness, evil designs, passions, and wicked calculations. There is no evil among the human family, but at the foundation of which it strikes effectually, and it comes in contact with every evil passion that rises in the heart of man. It is opposed to every evil practice of men, and consequently it disturbs them in the wicked courses they are pursuing."

There is so much I want to say about this and about the world we live in today, but I can't figure out how I want to put it...I will say this, I think that all of us that truly believe in the gospel principles and the standards of the church should stand up for them more often. I am definitely a non-confrontational person so I am speaking to myself when I say this too. :)

No comments: