I'm a new mom just trying to get back in the habit of studying my scriptures everyday again. This blog holds me accountable :)

Friday, July 31, 2009

Brave Men

So, the last 2 days I just finished up chapter 17 in Alma. Can I just say how brave the sons of Mosiah were?!!! First they travel through the wilderness (weapons in hand to kill animals for food) for many days, fasting and praying all the way. Then, they gain courage in the Lord's answer to their prayers, in which he told them to be "patient in long-suffering and afflictions." So, they knew they were in for some trials and tribulation. Then they get to the land of the Lamanites (who were by the way a "ferocious people...who delighted in murdering the Nephites...who did worship idols...") and they separated and went out alone! Here begins the story of Ammon and his example to the King Lamoni by his service and slaying many men to protect his sheep...we all know this story well.

No comments: