I'm a new mom just trying to get back in the habit of studying my scriptures everyday again. This blog holds me accountable :)

Friday, August 21, 2009

The Temple


I have been studying a lot about temples this past month. Today I read the article in the Ensign called "The Steps to the Temple" by Cheryl C. Lant (Primary General President.) Here are the main points she makes:

"Each step in our personal journey to the temple is essential, and it is important that we not get discouraged or distracted by the world along the way. Each step prepares us and strengthens us."

Faith- its "not only the first step but also the foundation of all other principles of the gospel."

Repentance - "is essential to worthiness"

Baptism, Gift of the Holy Ghost - "worthiness to enter the temple depends on how faithfully we keep this covenant"

Obedience - Ezra Taft Benson said "When obedience ceases to be an irritant and becomes our quest, in that moment God will endow us with power."

No comments: