I'm a new mom just trying to get back in the habit of studying my scriptures everyday again. This blog holds me accountable :)

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fire of the Covenant


I often wonder how the early Saints did it. How did they go through everything they did? Today while reading more for my lesson I came across this:

Brigham Young counseled to the Saints, "Now is the time for labor. Let the fire of the covenant which you made in the House of the Lord, burn in your hearts, like flame unquenchable"

David A. Bednar said "What was it that gave those early Saints such strength? It was the fire of the temple covenant that burned in their hearts. It was their commitment to worship and honorably hold a name and standing in the house of the Lord."

I just recently went to the Joseph Smith movie at temple square and have a renewed appreciation for the early Saints and all of their numerous sacrifices. I simply can't even believe the faith these members had and their strength and courage to do what they did. I hope that I will learn from them and gain more strength to do what is right through the fire of the covenant.

No comments: