I'm a new mom just trying to get back in the habit of studying my scriptures everyday again. This blog holds me accountable :)

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Home Improvement


Lately I have been rearranging things in my apartment, just because I get bored easily and needed to mix things up a little bit. While studying for my lesson I was reading Gary E. Stevenson's conference talk from this last conference "Sacred Homes, Sacred Temples." He lists questions we should be asking ourselves about our own homes. I decided I should probably focus more on these and less on how my apartment looks.


Is your home a place of love, peace, and refuge from the world?


Clean and orderly?


Are there uplifting images which include pics of the Savior and temple?


Is your bedroom a place for personal prayer?


Is the kitchen and living area a place where food is prepared and enjoyed, allowing uplifting conversation and family time?


Are scriptures found in a room where the family can study, pray, and learn together?


Does the music you hear or entertainment you see offend the Spirit?


Is the conversation uplifting and without contention?


He then said that hopefully we just need a little home improvement rather than an extreme home makeover :)

No comments: