I'm a new mom just trying to get back in the habit of studying my scriptures everyday again. This blog holds me accountable :)

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Preparing for General Conference


Well, after working on my talk all last week and studying about Christ, I thought I would read the Ensign for some of my studying this week to do something different. The funny thing is that the First Presidency message is about obedience and following Christ! I love the way President Monson writes and speaks. I can almost hear him talking when I read his talks. I also read the second article in the Ensign called "Guided by Modern Revelation." It is a good one to read right before General Conference this weekend. I am excited for conference! Every 6 months, when conference is about to come on, I get really excited about it and think "this time I am going to get SO much out if it and listen to every word from every speaker." I always get a lot out of conference, but I always find myself spacing out during some of the talks and not getting as much out of them as I planned (maybe I have a little ADD :) Anyways, I think this time I will be more realistic...I will take notes on some of the talks, not all of them, but the ones that have topics that relate to me best at this time. I think I will get more out of conference if I am focusing more attention on some of the speakers rather than just casually listening to them.

1 comment:

Crystal Spencer said...

Wow! Great point, Jess! I always think the same exact thing before conference. I want to take notes, stay awake, and feel the Spirit for all 4 sessions... but then by the 2nd speaker of each session, I am SNOOZIN'.