I'm a new mom just trying to get back in the habit of studying my scriptures everyday again. This blog holds me accountable :)

Sunday, May 17, 2009

For some reason our internet wasn't working yesterday...

2 Ne. 32:3 - "Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost, wherefore they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore I say unto you feast upon the words of Christ, for behold the words of Christ will tell ye all things that ye should do."

This was my scripture to think about yesterday...notice how it says the words of Christ will tell you ALL things that you should do. Not just SOME things or not just the IMPORTANT things. The scriptures really can give us the answers to ALL of our problems, especially with the help of the Holy Ghost and the power of prayer.

Today in church I got little tidbits of each lesson (since I was out in the hall most the time with Allie) But, I noticed that I heard little tidbits of things I had been thinking about a lot lately and things that I needed to be reminded of. In Relief Society I was reminded of how blessed we are in these latter days and that I need to be more grateful for my extremely fortunate circumstances. In Sunday School we learned about temples while reading in D&C a lot about the Kirtland temple...there are around 139? temples now!! I was reminded that I need to go as much as I can to do the ordinances for the dead, but to also bless and strengthen my family. In sacrament meeting we had two really good speakers. The first talked a lot about teaching -knowing what we are teaching and loving those we teach. The second talked about service. He talked about how living the gospel is a lifelong process...the church is like a school. In my ward of the elderly and newleyweds he said some here are almost ready to graduate, while others have just begun. I just thought that was an interesting way to look at it.

No comments: