I'm a new mom just trying to get back in the habit of studying my scriptures everyday again. This blog holds me accountable :)

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Know the Lord

Mosiah 26: This chapter focuses on a couple different topics. I liked reading the scriptures 24-28 and the manual's interpretation of them. It talks about knowing the Lord, which is something that has been hard for me to grasp. I feel like I could never REALLY know the Lord until I meet him and see him. Here is what the manual says:

"The kind of knowing referred to in these scriptures involves obeying the Lord's commandments and becoming like him"

Elder Bruce R. McConkie said "To know God in that full sense which will enable us to gain eternal salvation we must...obey those laws that will enable us to acquire the character, perfections, and attributes that he possesses. And before we can obey those laws, we must learn what they are; we must learn of Christ and his gospel..."

This makes a lot of sense. The only way we can truly know the Lord is by studying His teachings and obeying his commandments. It seems like every time I am wondering what I need to be doing to please the Lord the answer is always those same primary answers: read the scriptures, pray, go to church, love one another, etc. But, they really are the answers! The gospel is simple! We just need to do the things we know we should be doing!

No comments: