I'm a new mom just trying to get back in the habit of studying my scriptures everyday again. This blog holds me accountable :)

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Welcome!

I have a confession to make... Ever since I have had my one-year-old daughter, Allie, I have been horrible about doing my daily personal scripture study. I don't know about all of you new moms out there, but scripture study was just one of the many things that I have had to adjust since having another person to take care of. I used to be excellent about reading my scriptures every night, but now that nights are a little crazy, and so are mornings, oh and every other part of the day Allie is awake, I just don't have a set time of the day I read my scriptures and a lot of the time I don't get to them. When Allie takes her naps is usually when I shower and clean up our messy house. So, I thought that maybe if I had other people to hold me accountable (anyone that looks at my blog) I would try a little harder to find the time. Hopefully this blog will help me study my scriptures more regularly (even if its just a short study a day) and will lift others that look at it once in a while too! I hope that it will and I look forward to discussion and insight from anyone who feels the need to! Thanks! Oh, and don't be afraid to get at me if I miss a day or two here or there!

3 comments:

Brook said...

Great idea!

Natasha Gwynn said...

I'd love to follow your blog to see what your spiritual insights are! What a wonderful idea!

Maria said...

Love it Jess! I know we all relate and we're here to help!