I'm a new mom just trying to get back in the habit of studying my scriptures everyday again. This blog holds me accountable :)

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Scripture Mastery cont...

I wanted to go over the scriptures I've already done and then do a couple more today...

Gen. 1:26-27: God created man in His own image.

Gen. 39:9: Flee from temptation

Exodus 20:3-17: The ten commandments

Exodus 33:11: The Lord spoke to Moses face to face

Leviticus 19:18: Love thy neighbor as thyself

Deut. 7:3-4: Don't marry outside the covenant

Joshua 1:8: Meditate on the scriptures day and night

Joshua 24:15: "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

In the footnotes there are a lot of references I thought were interesting for this scripture:

choose - agency, commitment (we have our free agency to choose and once we do we need to make a commitment to it)

this day - procrastination (don't "procrastinate your day of repentance")

house - family, children, responsibilities toward (it is a major responsibility as parents to teach our children the gospel and mostly teach by example)

serve the Lord - example, loyalty, objectives, service, sustaining church leaders (I thought the sustaining church leaders was an interesting footnote for this scripture)

No comments: