I'm a new mom just trying to get back in the habit of studying my scriptures everyday again. This blog holds me accountable :)

Friday, May 15, 2009

Well, I missed a day...so today I am writing the second I get a chance...Allie is watching Wonder Pets. Usually she lasts about ten minutes so hopefully I'll have time to finish. :)

I'll do some more scripture mastery to make it quick:

Deut. 7:3-4: Do not marry outside of the covenant ( I read the Bible Dict. on Marriage too)

Joshua 1:8 - Meditate on the scriptures day and night.

Reading this scripture actually gives me an idea. For days like yesterday, when i just cannot find the time to sit down and study the scriptures, I can just grab them and read one scripture. I don't have to be sitting down, I can be feeding Allie at the same time, and it will literally only take one minute. I figure as long as I have something to be thinking about, I can lengthen my scripture study throughout the day. Scripture study doesn't always have to be sitting down with your scriptures and other books laid out, pen in hand. You can see gospel principles in action if you are looking for them in every day life. Meditating isn't always sitting cross-legged on the floor in silence. It can also happen while you are taking care of a crying baby, with noisy cars driving by and obnoxious toys going off at the same time! Wow Allie has almost watched a full episode of Wonder Pets.

No comments: