I'm a new mom just trying to get back in the habit of studying my scriptures everyday again. This blog holds me accountable :)

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Alma 13

In this chapter Alma talks about the holy Order of God, the high priesthood, and Melchizedek. Here are a few facts about the man they name the high priesthood after:
1. Melchizedek lived about 2000 B.C. (BD)
2. He was righteous even from his youth and received divine protection (JST, Genesis 14:26-40)
3. The Church in ancient days called the holy priesthood after his name (D&C 107:2-4)
4. Abraham received the priesthood from Melchizedek (D&C 84:14)

In the last part of the chapter I saw how important it is for us to love all of our brothers and sisters unconditionally. In verses 27-31 Alma talks about how he had "anxiety even unto pain" because he ws concerned about the people.

Also, in verse 29 it talks about "...having the love of God always in your hearts, that ye may be lifted up at the last day and enter into his rest."

I probably won't be posting very often the next 2 weeks. My family is getting in town today and they are staying in Provo, so I will be down there most everyday. I will see how good my scripture study is without having the blog to keep me responsible :) It will be a good test.

No comments: