I'm a new mom just trying to get back in the habit of studying my scriptures everyday again. This blog holds me accountable :)

Monday, June 15, 2009

Forgiving Others

I am still working on this lesson...I haven't really found very many quotes from the manual I want to use...

Usually I like all of the quotes from the Joseph Smith teachings manual, but this lesson's quotes I haven't been that excited about.

Would it be bad to base my lesson off of other conference talks?

Anyone's opinions on this would be helpful!

2 comments:

Natasha Gwynn said...

Jessica,

Having been in the RS presidency, we talked about just this thing. Technically, you are supposed to stick to what's in the manual. Sorry.

Natasha

Jess said...

Thanks! I made it sound like I wasn't going to use anything out of the manual...there are a few quotes that I do like, and the main points of the lesson I am sticking with, but do you think that just using less than half the quotes out of the manual is ok? Or does most of the lesson need to be those quotes?