I'm a new mom just trying to get back in the habit of studying my scriptures everyday again. This blog holds me accountable :)

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Participate in Sincere Prayer

I am embarrassed to say that, yes, I am an end-of-the-month visiting teacher. And, that I procrastinated until today to read the Visiting Teaching Message from the Ensign. It isn't that I don't like to do visiting teaching, because I really do, especially since the girls I visit I consider good friends. But, I just don't make it a huge priority until I really need to do it to make it count :)
Sincere Prayer:
I LOVED the quote in here from Bruce R. McConkie:

"Prayer changes our lives. Through it we draw near to the Lord, and he reaches out his finger and touches us, so we never again are the same. Prayer is a great tower of strength, a pillar of unending righteousness, a mighty force that moves mountains and saves souls."
I LOVE this quote! I know that my life has been changed many times because of prayer. I would not be where I am right now if it weren't for the power of prayer. I am SO grateful that we are able to pray to our Heavenly Father and that he can answer our prayers!

James E. Faust lists five things that prayer entails:
1. acknowledgment that God is our father, that Jesus is our redeemer
2. confession of sin
3. recognition that we need help
4. opportunity to express thanksgiving and gratitude
5. privilege to ask for blessings

No comments: