I'm a new mom just trying to get back in the habit of studying my scriptures everyday again. This blog holds me accountable :)

Friday, June 5, 2009

The Hard Questions

These questions were ones that I got a little worried about...things I need to work on.

1. Have ye walked, keeping yourselves blameless before God? Could ye say if ye were called to die at this time, within yourselves, that ye have been sufficiently humble? (Could I ever feel ready to die and meet my maker? Daily repentance for small sins and sins of omission, including keeping a constant prayer in my heart are ways to feel more prepared.)

2. Are ye stripped of pride? (Does everyone have a hard time letting people serve them? It is almost uncomfortable for me...)

3. Are ye stripped of envy? (Of course I always look at people and wish I had things, including a house, nice clothes, a boat, etc. that they have. Instead I need to just be happy for them and remember that I am so so so so blessed for what I have.)

4. Do ye mock your brothers and sisters?

5. Will ye persist in the wearing of costly apparel and setting your hearts upon the vain things of the world, upon your riches? (refer back to question 3 and you will see where I need to repent)

6. Will ye persist in supposing that ye are better than one another?

7. Will ye persist in turning your backs upon the poor and the needy, and in withholding your substance from them?

No comments: