I'm a new mom just trying to get back in the habit of studying my scriptures everyday again. This blog holds me accountable :)

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Money

So, today has just been one of those days...I'm sure a lot of you, especially the young moms I know, get stressed and frustrated about money. The next six years were starting to look really depressing to me today, with finances just being so super tight and life seeming harder than usual, and I went through most of the day feeling this way; hopeless. Then, after running around all day, I finally got to sit down for a minute and read. I started reading where I left off last - Alma 4:5 and then I started on the next verse...

"the people began to wax proud, because of their exceeding riches...Now this was the cause of much affliction to Alma, yea, and to many of the people whom Alma consecrated to be teachers, and priests, and elders over the church; yea many of them were sorely grieved for the wickedness which they saw had begun to be among their people..."

I almost laughed! In my margins I had written:

wealth=pride=unrighteousness

Set my heart upon God

This is what money will do

I encourage any of you discouraged about money right now (because I know there are a lot of people that are) to read Alma 4:6-9 and you might as well read the rest of the chapter to see how it progresses. :) The Lord really knows us, doesn't He?

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Brad and I fasted for Brian on Sunday. We will continue to keep him in our prayers.

I love you for your desire to do good!

I took your advise and read Alma 4. Good stuff!

Trey said...

Thanks Cindy! I didn't even know you looked at my blogs! Thanks for talking with me today! You're the best!