I'm a new mom just trying to get back in the habit of studying my scriptures everyday again. This blog holds me accountable :)

Thursday, June 25, 2009

More about Alma 12:7-11

I noticed there was a section in my manual for the scriptures I talked about yesterday. This talks more about knowing the mysteries of God by being faithful and believing, rather than talking about gaining knowledge. Here is some of the quotations:

"Men receive assurance and knowledge due to their faithfulness and adherence to the commandments of Jesus Christ. Those who reject their Redeemer and refuse to keep His commandments cannot know and comprehend these eternal truths...They cannot understand them because they are a 'fallen' man, and without the enlightening influence of the Holy Spirit, they are as the Lord expressed it, 'carnal, sensual, and devilish.'"

It goes on to talk about why the Lord spoke in parables, which we all know was so those that were not ready for the true meaning of the analogies would not be accountable for them.

No comments: