I'm a new mom just trying to get back in the habit of studying my scriptures everyday again. This blog holds me accountable :)

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Be of Good Cheer

Well, I have been in a bad mood the last 2 days so I decided to read President Monson's conference talk in the ensign today...

2 Tim. 1:7 - "God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

2 Ne. 2:25 - "Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy."

D&C 68:6 - "Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you."

2 ne. 9:18 "Behold the righteous, the saints of the Holy One of Israel, they who have believed in [Him], they who have endured the crosses of the world,...they shall inherit the kingdom of God,...and their joy shall be full forever."

This talk was such an awesome one - I just love to listen to Pres. Monson speak. In it he tells three stories of people that have perservered during difficult times. The last story about a young mother of four children living in Europe, widowed by war and forced to travel during the winter on foot accross Prussia to Western Germany. It made me cry! It is the saddest story, but, like waking up from a nightmare, it gives me perspective on my life and how blessed I am! I don't even deserve to have a bad day or two with how blessed I am!

Anyone with the gospel in their lives should be shouting for joy every day. I need to be doing that and I need to be looking for ways I can share the gospel with more people.

No comments: