I'm a new mom just trying to get back in the habit of studying my scriptures everyday again. This blog holds me accountable :)

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Since today is Mother's Day I wanted to find scripture that related:

When Nephi was delivered from the bondage of his brothers on his ship at sea he a few words of advice (1 Ne. 17:55)

First, they said "We know of a surety that the Lord is with thee, for we know that it is the power of the Lord that has shaken us." And they fell down before Nephi and were about to worship him... Nephi said,

"I am...thy younger brother; wherefore worship the Lord thy God, and honor thy father and thy mother that thy days may be long in the land which the Lord thy God shall give thee."

If I was Nephi I would probably have said "Don't worship me, but please stop being so stiffnecked about the gospel and stop hurting me!!!" The fact that Nephi said first worship the Lord and then honor thy father and mother shows how important it is to show your parents the honor and respect they deserve.

I know most of us have probably had some rough patches with our parents growing up, but I hope that we all let our parents know how much we love them and how grateful we are to them for what they have done for us.

No comments: