I'm a new mom just trying to get back in the habit of studying my scriptures everyday again. This blog holds me accountable :)

Friday, May 8, 2009

Know the Scriptures

So, one of my goals in my scripture study (besides actually reading them everyday) is to know my scriptures better. Although I did do my scripture mastery in seminary, for some reason only a few out of the hundred I "mastered" stuck with me :) So, I am going to start with the scripture mastery scriptures and "remaster" them the best I can. This time I am going to learn the reference and topic of the scripture rather than just memorizing it.

Starting from the beginning:

Moses 1:39 - This is my work and my glory...(the plan of salvation)

Moses 7:18 - The Lord called His people Zion...(Zion, Unity in the church)

Abraham 3:22-23 - These I will make my rulers...(Council in Heaven, Intelligences, Foreordination)

If anyone has any good ways of remembering these please share :)

No comments: