I'm a new mom just trying to get back in the habit of studying my scriptures everyday again. This blog holds me accountable :)

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Job

Yesterday I read a scripture out of Job 19:25-26:"For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth; And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God."

Ever since my brother, Brian, has gotten to his mission in El Salvador he has been sick. He has been throwing up, weak, and some weeks are worse than others. I thought that once he was used to the food and water he would be getting better. But, he has been out since November and he is still sick. He recently went to a "doctor" who said he has some sort of virus and he gave him some pills to "try out." I caught myself thinking "Why isn't the Lord blessing him with his health so he can do his work?" I think that in situations like these, we need to look at Job.

Job is a perfect example of the Lord trying and teaching us through tribulation. I think that the Lord does everything for a reason, and I think that we can learn from every trial. Maybe Brian will learn patience, perserverence, and have more empathy for people he will bless in the future...I don't know the reason. But, I hope that when I am faced with trials like these I will face them with an attitude of patience and determination, and look for what lessons I can learn through them.

I would like to ask those of you that read my blog if you don't already have something to fast for this upcoming Sunday if you could please fast for Brian. We are trying to get a lot of people to fast and pray for him this Sunday that he can get better and be done with all of this sickness so he can start working hard! Thanks so much!

No comments: