I'm a new mom just trying to get back in the habit of studying my scriptures everyday again. This blog holds me accountable :)

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Scripture Mastery cont...

For a quick study today, since Saturdays are always busy, I am just going over more of my scripture mastery scriptures:

Genesis 1:26-27 - God created man in His own image

Genesis 39:9 - Fleeing from temptation

I was wondering why this was a scripture mastery scripture...I think probably because we are told many times to "flee from temptation." Not to just stand around and think about it for a minute, not to weigh out our options and decide on what we know will make us happy, but to "flee" from it. How many times would we make better decisions in our lives when, instead of standing around and either following the crowd or just making the easier decision we actually fled the entire situation? I think that sometimes we need to take this literally and get away from places that will influence us to make bad decisions. It is so much easier to make good decisions when we surround ourselves with good people and in good environments!

No comments: