I'm a new mom just trying to get back in the habit of studying my scriptures everyday again. This blog holds me accountable :)

Monday, May 18, 2009

Mosiah 25

Trey and I started reading the scriptures together when we first got married. We would read a chapter a night. Last night I told him I wanted him to read the same scriptures I am reading during the day so we can discuss it later, since we don't always get a chance to read at night with a noisy baby :) He has the scriptures on his Ipod so I am going to just start where we left off last...Mosiah 25.

I love to read with the student manual I got while I was at BYU. It has so many insights I would never see if I didn't read with it. Here is one of the topics in my manual from Mosiah 25:5-11

"Struck with wonder and amazement"

These verses show the importance and value of keeping records. They "enlarge the memory of the people...and convince many of the error of their ways, and bring them to the knowledge of God unto their salvation" (paraphrased)

A couple sundays ago we were talking about things we do to make ourselves happy when we are down. I realized that keeping a journal gives me pages and pages of happy/exciting experiences that definitely make me happy to read. It also reminds me of times when I thought my life couldn't be worse and I can read what I did and how I overcame that feeling. Or, I can just see that I was making a mountain out of a molehill. I also think it is very beneficial to keep a spiritual journal (or just add spiritual experiences in my journal) I am always mad at myself and a little embarrassed when I read my journals and they are mostly about boys rather than spiritual experiences and more of my hopes/dreams/thoughts about life :)

No comments: