I'm a new mom just trying to get back in the habit of studying my scriptures everyday again. This blog holds me accountable :)

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Weaknesses, Strengths, and Talents

Lately I've been thinking about the parable of the talents (Matthew 25)...I don't really have any areas I am really talented in. I usually can do many things, but I am just okay at them. I was thinking about this today because of the economy and if i were to get a job in the future I was wondering what I would want to do and if I would want to go back to school or not. I also thought of Ether 12:27:

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

Now, I know that this scripture refers mostly to our spiritual weaknesses, but I also think it refers to physical, mental, social, etc. weakness. This scripture comforts me in knowing that the Lord will be there for me and help me in my life. When thinking about this economy and not knowing what my family's future holds, this reassures me that if I did need to get a job at any time the Lord would help me in areas that I am not so strong and things will be okay.

No comments: